Thursday, March 26, 2015

101 in 1001, Round 2 - Update 3

I'm exited to share that I've crossed two more tasks off my 101 in 1001 list!

Earlier this month I completed the 1000-piece puzzle I started at the end of January.  It's interesting how the whole puzzle process worked; some days finding pieces that fit together took very little effort, if any, while other days it took a good half hour before I found a match.  Some days the puzzle was a relaxing activity and others it was a little annoying and I'd only get that one match before quitting.  While it was an enjoyable activity overall, I'm not sure it's a hobby I'll be taking up any time soon.  I have too many other things I want to do and, let's be honest, naps I want to take!  And an observation on the below picture: how adorable is Crickett's little photo bomb?!



Yesterday I finished the audio book I started a couple weeks ago.  I had heard that Bossypants was a great book and when I learned the audio version was read by Tina Fey herself, I thought it would be the perfect choice for this task.  I wanted something light and easy to follow, a novel that didn't require a lot of concentration on my part because I was planning on listening to it in my car on the drive to and from work.  Tina Fey - who has a great narrating voice, in my opinion - shared some wonderful observations and hilarious anecdotes.  I wonder how crazy I looked driving along by myself laughing hysterically?  If you haven't read (or listened) to this book, I highly recommend it.

Here are three of my favorite quotes from the book:

Contrary to what I believed as a little girl, being the boss almost never involves marching around, waving your arms, and chanting "I am the boss, I am the boss!"

"Defective" was a big word in our house.  Many things were labeled "defective" only to miraculously turn functional once the directions had been read more thoroughly.

When people say, "You really, really must" do something, it means you don't really have to.  No one ever says "You really, really must deliver the baby during labor."  When it's true, it doesn't need to be said.

No comments: